Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pictures...

My nieces apparently think I need a new image. According to my sister, they think that the picture on the back of my books makes me look like an old school marm and not someone capable of writing a passionate romance in a fantasy/adventure novel. It's the same picture I use for this blog.
The problem is that I am not photogenic at all. The picture I use as my blog photo is a fluke in that it is the best picture that has ever been taken of me since I was nineteen except for one photo when I was pregnant with my son.
This is the picture that was taken when I was nineteen. The thing about this picture is that my hair was done professionally, my makeup was done by Charles of the Ritz and I'm wearing false eyelashes. It's a nice picture, but it's not me!
I'm thinking that since you really can't tell a book by its cover, maybe I should just leave well enough alone and stick with the picture I have. If I look like an old school marm, then the book will be a pleasant surprise. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Aren't you just the cutie! I used to wear false eyelashes at 19 too..it was the fashion! Time does march on, but you can do whatever you want on your blog..or your book covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yaya--I feel like Rudolf--"I'm cute! I'm cute! She said I'm cute!" Well, maybe back then. Like I said, it's all fake--my mother's idea. Definitely not now! But I'm okay with that. I'm happier with myself now than I was back then--but I've still got a long way to go! One step at a time...

      Delete
  2. Ah, if we all only looked like we did at 19. You look like the British star Emma Peel of the Avengers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! I remember her. Thank you for the compliment, but like I said, it's not really me. You're right though, it would be nice to look 19 again. I have this fantasy that I'll be bitten by a vegetarian vampire (who loves me and marries me) and his venom transforms me so that I look like I did when I was 30-ish. I could live with that!

    ReplyDelete