Sunday, June 23, 2013

You all know what a pseudonym is, right? Mark Twain's real name was Samuel L. Clemens, but he wrote under the name of Mark Twain. William Sydney Porter is better known to us as O. Henry. Pseudonyms are commonplace among writers so I never gave it a thought when I started a blog under my pseudonym or pen name. However, I've been reading "Blogging for Dummies 4th Edition" and it talks about blogging ethics and that it's okay to blog under a pen name or pseudonym, but that I should let folks know it and why. So, I'm letting you all know that Deborah Annette Shaw is my pen name. Why didn't I write under my real name, you ask? For several reasons. #1 - I have absolutely no desire for fame for myself, but for my books, yes. #2 - I like people, but if my books become bestsellers, I'm not sure I'd want to go into a restaurant and become the center of attention. Like I said, I have absolutely no desire for fame and I really mean it. #3 - Let's say that my books do become bestsellers (I hope, I hope!). People will assume that that will make me rich--maybe, maybe not. With two mortgages and a very old car (more than ten years), it will take a lot just to get my feet on solid ground again. I do not want solicitations for products or things that I would never in a million years want to buy. I do not want my "long, lost cousins" contacting me--obviously, my real cousins are fine, not the ones who are cons, however. And lastly and most importantly, while my family is very much a part of my life, I am not married anymore. Nor do I want to get married again. Truthfully, after two miserable marriages, I am convinced the problem is my lack of good judgement when it comes to men. If I dream about getting married again, it always ends up as a nightmare--thanks to husband #2. The marriage between Micah and Katie is ideal to me (sans Meloni)--and I am simply not going to find a Micah. Or a vegetarian vampire which might be even more desirable if it heals an old injury! So, confession complete--no intention to mislead anyone--just desperate to keep my quiet life quiet, but still feed my lifelong passion to write. If you enjoy my writing, that's what makes me happiest! (If you write a review for Amazon.com because you like my books, I'll be ecstatic!) I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment