Sunday, August 2, 2015

Thank goodness for friends! I have wanted to update the header image to the new covers on the TIDES Series for ages, ever since Allen finished the new revised RIPTIDE cover. I fiddled around with it a couple of times, but couldn't remember how to change the header. I couldn't figure it out either. I simply don't spend enough time on my blog to retain whatever I pick up along the way so when I go back to it, I feel like I'm starting over. My friend, YaYa, helped me today and finally after struggling to create the image I wanted and getting a little help from Allen, graphic artist extraordinaire, I have the header on the blog just as I want it! Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!
Now, a couple of things: First of all, Jim (my wonderful editor) and I decided that RIPTIDE needed something more and I came up with an idea and wove it throughout the existing text. I'm much happier with it now. Then of course, there had to be a way to tell the old book from the new book so I asked Allen to come up with a cover. I told him the gist of the story and he came up with the perfect cover. If you hold your hand over the bottom half of the RIPTIDE cover, the top is serene, quiet, and lovely with just a hint of storm on the horizon. Now hold your hand over the top half. The bottom is seething with trouble, fear, and a merman about to be eaten by a deadly sargos. That just about sums up the book. Everything is wonderful on the surface, but if you watch for it, you'll find little hints of trouble to come. And come it does.
Secondly, an update on the long awaited sequel, TIDES -- Book Four: VORTEX:  Jim is, I believe, starting to surface from the daunting task he has been working on since last October--that of moving the entire contents of a very full 6000 square foot warehouse to other locations. He hopes to begin editing VORTEX the end of September if not before. I'm guesstimating that between making whatever corrections Jim suggests and working with Allen on the new cover, maybe the book will be out sometime within the first three months of the New Year. I hope. I'll keep you posted.

God bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment